Swinging saturdays is a musical meme hosted by Ice Cold Passion, to share our passion for music. The goal is to make a top 5 (or Top 10) for whatever genre or artist you like or get creative and share a theme based music top 5. For example a bookish soundtrack, funny songs, song to listen to on a rainy day top 5.
|Paolo Nutini in Antwerpen|
One day I had my computer on randomly playing songs and one caught my attention. It was one of Paolo's songs and I decided to give the album "These Streets" a better listen. I was quite astonished by the fact that the album was so good.
When the second album "Sunny Side Up" came out in 2009 I got it and listened to it until I knew all the songs by heart. I let my mom listen to my amazing find and she was hooked as well.
In 2010 I decided to suprise my mom with two tickets for for Paolo Nutini in Antwerp. The concert was held at an open-air theatre in a park. The setting was amazing, and we enjoyed the day in Antwerp. The concert was wonderful even though it started to rain at one point.
|Paolo Nutini in de HMH|
I gave my mother a gift voucher for a concert either for Ed Sheeran or Paolo Nutini. Soon we learned that Paolo Nutini would be playing in the Netherlands again. And on the 20th of November 2014 he played at the Heineken Music Hall. We, my mom and I, we were there!
Up until today, I am still at loss for words to descibe this concert. It truely was utter perfection. Paolo's voice, the setting, the videos, the setlist were all amazing. He played all my favorite songs, all though he renewed them, changed them to fit with his new album. I can honestly say that he is far better in concert than he is on the cd. This was one concert, I would not want to miss for the world. I often revistit my memories of this amazing night.
Well, that was quite an introduction, lets get on to the music now. These ten songs are the ones I loved the most.
1. Jenny Don't Be HastyThis is the original version, he now plays it differently. The quality of the video is not that great but the audio is not that bad. ~ These Streets
2. CandyEverytime I hear this I get goosebumps. I was ecstatic that he played this on his last show. ~ Sunny Side Up
3. Scream (Funk My Life Up)Whoohoo! Swinging to this beat, oh yeah! ~ Caustic Love
4. Last RequestThis song I have heard on several occasions on tv, in series and tv shows. I believe it was also used in a movie? ~ These Streets
5. Pencil Full Of LeadIn Antwerp, he opened his show with this song, rocked the crowd with this happy song. ~ Sunny Side Up
6. Better ManWow, these lyrics! So romantic, "swoon".
7. These StreetsAnother song that gives me goosebumps ever time. ~ These Streets
8. Iron SkyThese lyrics are interesting, very political and catchy. ~ Caustic Love
9. No Other WaySoul like it should be. ~ Sunny Side Up
10. Let Me Down EasyI was so happy the radio stations picked up on this one!
Ever heard of Paolo Nutini?
What's your favourite song?
What's your favourite song?
Want to host Swing Saturdays next week? Send me an email: email@example.com.
I would love to hear what kind of music you like!