Swinging saturdays is a musical meme hosted by Ice Cold Passion, to share our passion for music. The goal is to make a top 5 (or Top 10) for whatever genre or artist you like or get creative and share a theme based music top 5. For example a bookish soundtrack, funny songs, song to listen to on a rainy day top 5.
Im a little bit later today then usual, sorry but I have been having a really bad temper today. But it is time to cheer up a bit and enjoy some good music. Today I am going to share with you a totally Dutch Top 5! Songs sang in Dutch ( we also have a lot of Dutch bands singing in English). I know it will sound funny probably to all of you who don't understand Dutch, but it can still be beautiful , right? Here is some Dutch musication lol...
1. Marco Borsato ~ De Speeltuin
This is probably our most famous (in our country) singer of all dutch singing artists! He has one almost all the music prices of our country, and has made more than ten albums! He is the best of the best! This song is about children stuck in warzones, child soldiers.
2. Acda en De Munnik ~ Ren Lenny RenThese guys are great too!!! They are great musicians, love their music, I was going to share Zitten Voor de Blues because that is by far my most favourite song, but I couldn't find any live footage so here's another favourite of mine.
3. Guus Meeuwis ~ BrabantGuus Meeuwis started out playing small bars, when in college, unique is that he has an accent, which makes it even cuter to hear. This song is about his province Brabant, the flags in the video are the flags of Brabant.
4. Blof & Counting Crows ~ Holiday In SpainWhat I think is interesting about this song is that it is Dutch/English mixed together which is really cool! Blof is one of the other most famous bands in the Netherlands, they have made beautiful music!
5. Jurk ~ NiemandI think Jurk (which is kind of a strange name because it means dress) this song is about a boy who's different from all the other kids in class, he gets picked on by the other kids, nobody understand him. By the end of the song he pulls out a gun and shoots himself in front of the whole class. This is an anti-bulling song!! Great lyrics!
So that's it for this week!
What is you Top 5 songs this week?
Want to host Swing Saturdays next week?