Swinging saturdays is a musical meme hosted by Ice Cold Passion, to share our passion for music. The goal is to make a top 5 (or Top 10) for whatever genre or artist you like or get creative and share a theme based music top 5. For example a bookish soundtrack, funny songs, song to listen to on a rainy day top 5.Todays Top 5 is a Gothic Rock Top 5, I used to listen a lot of Gothic Rock when I was younger, now only once in a while if I am in the mood for it, which is not as often anymore. The reason I enjoy listing to gothic rock is that is classical music combined with hard rock or heavy metal, which I think is a great combination. Think of heavy metal, did you know that the frontman of System of a Down, used to be an opera singer?
My favourite Gothic Rock band of all time, is Nightwish, their music will never bore me and always tells a story, the best gothic rock band ever! It is a pity that Tarja left the band, her voice is phenomenal, never heard anything like it! Nightwish, or maybe I should say Tuomas Holopainen, released a movie it is called: Imaginairium!!! Oh, one of the commercial on television, is using a song that Nightwish has done to, it keeps reminding me of this top 5, lol.
1. Nightwish ~ Creek Mary's BloodI love almost everything by Nightwish, what makes this song special, is the native american singer that cooperated in this song, and I really like the lyrics, talking about what happend with so many ancient civilizations. One word beautiful!
2. Within Temptation ~ JillianI was at this concert!!! It was a 2 hour concert it was one of the best concerts I have been to!!! Dutch band btw!
3. Epica ~ Cry For The MoonAnother Dutch band, with also international success in the Gothic Rock scene, yeah this is a bit more heavy metal.
4. Evanescence ~ Thoughtless (Korn cover)This song gave me the strength to push forward, don't let anybody get you down! Stand up and sing this and feel strong.
5. After Forever ~ My Pledg of Allegiance #1It seems that the Dutch are good at Gothic Rock and heavy metal. Because this is another Dutch band, I think I have seen them live once too! I've got good memories of this band, because I once had a German Teacher who listen to Rammstein and also to After Forever, so I was aloud turn on the CD of After Forever in class, that was pretty cool... I will never forget the look on my classmates faces who all listened to pop music or dance/trance shit. Good times....
So that's it for this week! What is your top 5 this week?
Want to host Swing Saturdays next week?